Friday, October 17, 2014

Real Talk

Today's post is gonna be a little different. Despite my love for dressing up, 1. I've been off from work most of the week and 2. it's been a pretty crappy week. I won't get into it or anything, don't worry, but it's been hard just to get out of the house, let alone get all dolled up.

So of course this means ridiculous amounts of time being spent on the internet...

Which means buying things I don't need...

Like this:

My handsome little man, Ajax 


Spider Dog Costume




















I normally don't condone dressing up animals, but this is freakin hilarious, I don't care who you are.

Cuteness aside, take a look at the home site. It's the Animal Rescue - Pet Shop, one of the several pages featured by CharityUSA, who own and operate GreaterGood stores. They've donated over $30 million to charities all over the world, as well as food, books, therapy and research.

It's actually pretty cool how they have it set up. With every purchase through any of the stores (the stores are separated by cause), the funds go towards that target charity group. They currently support: World Hunger | Breast Cancer | Veterans | Autism | Alzheimer's | Diabetes | Literacy | Rainforest.
So since I bought the dog costume through the Animal Rescue store, my purchase funded 14 bowls of food for shelter animals. They even have a button that can be clicked every day that serves as free donations as well. Free in every sense of the word. You click, and they donate. It's awesome.

Not to say this should be the only way anyone gets involved, solely by buying and clicking on things through this site. I believe in hard work and compassion, and have volunteered at a few shelters, for homeless people and animals alike. My boyfriend and I even intend to help out at a local wolf sanctuary next month (I am so freakin excited for that, by the way. Brace yourselves for many many pictures).

Learn how you can get involved to help your community, the world, and even yourself. You feel awesome afterwards, I promise :)

Leave a comment down below with your favorite charities and causes, and what you do or want to do to help out.

Thanks and take care

No comments:

Post a Comment