Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Converting Your Closet

Not everyone can afford to compile a whole new closet come the changing of the seasons. As much as I wish I could, it’s just not sensible or at all possible. So what happens when the temperatures drop and you see an endless array of tank tops in your closet? Improvise!

Layering is by far the best way to build up a cute outfit and still retain that body heat. Not that that’s a problem in AZ (our winters maaaybe gets as low as 40-45°F), but I would hope people other than Arizonans find this blog helpful! Plus, layering can be composed of things you already have; no real need to go out and spend a ton on winter attire.


Outfit Transformations:

Spring turned Fall Kimono
Originally paired with denim shorts and a lace bralette. Add a Downeast Layering Tee and skinny jeans to make the change.
























Tee and Jeans turned to Comfy Classic
The laid-back look of a tunic and skinnies made warmer with a long sweater and ankle boots.





Summer Dress turned Soft Leather
Keeping the simplicity of a cute dress but adding simple accessories. A leather jacket and coordinating scarf seem to do the trick! I could see this with cute leggings as well, but I only had black...























Lace and Faux-leather turned Lovely Layers
The lace is actually a full-length shirt (would definitely need a tank underneath) paired with an awesome Anthropologie skirt I snatched for $6 at Downeast! Thrown together with a pair of simple leggings and a striped scarf.























These just happen to be a few outfits I was thinking of wearing this holiday season (is it weird that I love the last outfit...?). I know not everyone has a kimono or a faux-leather skirt just hanging out in their closets, but I hope they served as basic ideas. I like to think most outfits can be changed for the seasons by the littlest of accessories, like scarves or leggings. 

So look through your closets, find those cool colors and see what you can dream up! I'd love to see what you come up with. Feel free to post your creations in the comments below.



Thanks and take care


No comments:

Post a Comment