Friday, October 3, 2014

You should know...

So if it hasn't become apparent by now, I'm actually an associate at Downeast Basics at the Arrowhead Mall. It's hard not to post about my store; I absolutely love our style and promotions! Chances are you're going to see a lot relating to my workplace, which is great if you like Downeast. If not, though, I definitely try to be accomodating to all tastes.

Here's a list of stores I frequent as well as the items I tend to look for there:

IN-STORE:
1. Cotton On: Great for oversized shirts as well as cheap sundresses. Not cheap in the sense of make, but in price! Their promotions are always awesome. I got this dress for $7 last time I visited (and that skull scarf was a $2 add-on I got at check out from another shopping spree):



2. Hot Topic: I grew up shopping for all my band-tees at Hot Topic. Up until this month they were having a semi-permanent in-store promotion for Buy one Get one 50% the entire store! Holy crow, I got so much geeky stuff I don't need! Also, you'll see in my previous post (The First of Fall) that I found that awesome old-world-map watch there. Great store for cute accessories, even if you don't like any of their clothing.


3. Forever21: I know, I know, the mecha of current female fashion. But they've got some great stuff! Last time I visited I had a gift card (yay!) and got over 20 rings from their clearance section for less than $10. Super awesome shopping day, let me tell ya. The link I provided is directly to their online clearance, which I browse every once in a while. Almost everything I get from F21 I get via clearance. This dress was ONLY $2 after a special promotion on clearance. I think it was an additional 75% off clearance-bin items:


4. Francesca's: I love perusing through this store. They have the best of both worlds: fashion and geek. They have some awesome geeky items and accessories throughout the store, right along some of the cutest blouses I've ever seen!

Unfortunately, I do have to admit, I've gone to two locations and received the worst customer service at both. My coworkers have experienced the same lack of professionalism. My manager was fortunate enough to find one girl that was obviously ahead of her game, and gave her great service. Just wanted to fill y'all in: brace yourself for, well, absolutely nothing.



ONLINE:
1. Ruche: I LOVE looking through Ruche online. They have some of the cutest vintage-inspired pieces. Just last week I met a girl wearing the skirt below: I went home, immediately searched "skirts with front pockets" via Google, found the picture via Pinterest, and was crushed to find it was out of stock :( So now it is forever on my wishlist:





2. Modcloth: Another vintage site. Sorry if you're not into the retro-style, but you can't deny it's very "in" right now. Modcloth is what dragged me into loving more fashionable looks. Although they're pretty pricey, they are another store I usually tend to look solely at clearance. I bought a dress from this site once before(unfortunately I destroyed it by washing it incorrectly) and absolutely loved it. Even their home-decor is awesome! I ordered these camera shadow boxes for Christmas last year as a present and ended up keeping them ;)




They have wonderful customer service, too. I had asked if I could use any of their items for a photoshoot (I dabble in freelance photography now and again), and the woman who helped me via email was very thorough about their return policy, and extremely happy to help. My model ended up bailing (luckily, before I bought any clothing) but it's all info I've retained over the years, just in case.


3. Look Human: I have yet to buy anything from them yet, but their stuff is ridiculously cute. My wishlist on there is a few pages worth of awesome! They have great workout clothing; funny, cute, and functional.

4. Threadless: I buy shirts through this site All. The. Time. There's amazing, original artwork put onto these shirts. They're funny, they're creative, and some are truly beautiful. And almost all of them are submitted by site users. I've actually tried submitting some of my stuff, but I get cold feet and take it back. Something to add to the bucket list I guess.


There you go, the stores I frequent to get a lot of the looks I'll be posting. I'll always try to be thorough as far as price and availability, just to avoid confusion and inconvenience.

Leave a comment down below!

Thanks and take care



No comments:

Post a Comment